Hi Bookies! I know this isn’t the normal kind of post that you see from me but guess what! I have some awesome news!
Now! First thing first. The name. We decided on the name Read-a-thin. It started out as a joke but it just stuck with us so we went with it!
As you can probably guess by the name (or not), this readathon is going to be focused on “thinning out” your TBR.
Let’s lay down some ground rules. This is a laid back readathon and none of these are necessary but they are guidelines and things to help you choose what to read. The goal here is to read books on your TBR shelves. That’s really it.
Here are the “rules”:
- You will have the entire month to read these books.
- All the books must be books you owned/ordered prior to us announcing the challenges (announcements for future read-a-thins will be made at random).
- The goal is to complete 6 challenges (I know, that seems like a lot but hold that thought)
- You can double up on challenges. In other words, you can use one book for two different challenges
Now, let’s get into the fun part. The challenges!!!
There are 18 different challenges but like I said, you only have to complete 6 with at least 3 books.
There will be a Google Doc on the Twitter account and they will be listed on our GoodReads group. Also, we’ll have the Google Doc linked at the end of this post along with the rest of our social media accounts.
Here they are:
- Read a 2017 release
- Read a book that is the same color (or a similar color) as your birthstone
- Read a diverse book
- Read a book with a title or author with the same first letter as the first letter in your first name (the words “a” and “the” don’t count)
- Read a book that is related to your favorite emoji
- Read a book starting with a letter from TBR (the word “the” doesn’t count)
- Read a book with a summer themed cover
- Read a book with a warm colored cover (orange, red, yellow, brown)
- Start and finish a series
- Read a book in 24 hours
- Read a new to you author
- Book with water on the cover
- Read a book set in summer
- Buddy read a book
- Read a book recommended to you by someone in the book community
- Read a guilty pleasure read
- Read an adult/new adult book
- Read a book outside of your favorite genre
If you have an questions about these, feel free to ask Chelsea, Jessica or me.
Where can you reach us?
All of my links will be at the very end of this post as always ❤
We will be holding reading sprints on Twitter throughout the month and we hope that you can join along with us! Also, we are looking for people to help hold these sprints so if you are interested, please feel free to send one of us a message before the 26th of July. We’ll be spending the 27th and 28th planning out the sprints and announce the sprinters and when they will be hosting them on the 29th.
We do hope that you are able to join us in this fun readathon and work at thinning out your TBR along with us. Follow our Twitter account and join our GoodReads group to keep updated!
Email (Business and Personal): email@example.com
(All gifs from Tumblr, photos from Google or GoodReads)